Sections of the cemetery have been designated to accommodate different religious traditions and customs, including:
- Roman Catholic
- Ukrainian Greek Orthodox
- Ukrainian Greek Catholic
South Hill Cemetery also has designated sections for:
- Flat Marker
- Field of Honour (Veterans' Section)
The South Hill Cemetery provides burial choices for traditional interments and cremated remains, special arrangements for fiberglass, concrete and steel vaults and deepened plots beyond two (2) meters in depth.
- A winter fee will be charged on all interments that take place between November 1st and April 30th of each year.
- 48-hours' notice (16 business hours) is required for winter interments.
- 24-hours' notice (8 business hours) is required for summer interments.
- Interments without the proper notification will be charged a Short Notice Fee.
- Overtime will be charged on interments that take place after regular working hours or that require staff to stay later than 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- For interments on Saturdays, there will be a Saturday fee charged in addition to the normal interment charges.
- On Sundays, statuatory holidays and civic and union holidays, there will be a charge of three times the Saturday fee.
- The license fee for a plot in the Veteran Section includes the cost of the marker, monument permit and installation.
- Plots for burials of indigent people are provided free of charge from the City of Prince Albert as long as the funeral costs are being paid by the Ministry of Social Services. All fees associated with the interment of an indigent person will still apply but will be GST exempt.
- No more than one casket shall be buried in one grave unless the grave has been deepened beyond two (2) meters in depth.
- A maximum of four interments may be made in a plot, with the exception of the children's sections where only three burials are allowed.
- Two traditional burials plus two cremated remains in a deepened plot, or
- One traditional burial plus three cremated remains, or
- Four cremated remains.
- All persons applying for an interment and requesting the use of an already-occupied plot will need to provide the City with permission from the legal plot owner before the interment takes place.
- A license for a plot in the Hebrew section will only be granted to persons of the Hebrew Community.
- A license for a plot in the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Section will only be granted to members of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Parish of St. George's Church and to the family members of said members.
- No grave covers are allowed.
- No child under the age of twelve will be admitted to the cemetery unless accompanied by an adult.
- Vehicles in the cemetery shall keep to the driveways provided and not travel at a speed greater than 20 km/hr.