Kinsmen Park is a beautiful city park located at Central Avenue between 22 and 28 Street West
Located in the heart of the city, at 23.65 acres in size, it is the primary outside venue for non-sports related events and hosts a variety of events including Canada Day and Kidzfest. Kinsmen Park is also a great location for private functions including picnics, birthday parties and weddings, as well as other special events.
A major upgrade to Kinsmen Park is being completed in the summer of 2017 with over $1,435,000 invested including support from a Canada 150 grant. These improvements include upgraded pathways, a totally reconditioned playground including new features and a rubberized surface, 2 new washroom buildings, upgrades to the Ella Muzzy Playground washroom, a new central garden feature, new picnic tables and refuse bins and a new Kinette Amphitheatre structure.
- Kinsmen Arena. For more information please visit the Kinsmen Arena web page.
- Kinsmen Water Park. For more information please visit the Kinsmen Water Park web page.
- Ball diamonds:
- 2 class ‘A’ softball diamonds. Diamond #1 and #2 dimensions: 225 feet to left field, 225 feet to right field, 250 feet to centre field
- Infields are red shale
- Outfields are natural turf
- Irrigated by in-ground sprinkler system(s) with pop-up heads
- 5 tier bleachers are located behind the backstops
- 1 class ‘A’ natural turf soccer field
- 3 sets of public washrooms
- Kinette Amphitheatre stage with removable cover
- 2 large covered picnic shelters (east and west). To book a shelter online, please make a reservation request.
- Picnic sites with picnic tables and barbeques
- Kinsmen Park Spray Park
- Playground equipment
- Kinsmen Park Playground Program. For more information please visit the Playground Program web page.
- Electrical supply boxes for events
- Multi use pathway system
For information on how to book sports fields or park amenities please visit the Facility and Equipment Rentals web page.