YARD WASTE COLLECTION CHANGES EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2017
Beginning July 1, 2017, only compostable yard waste paper bags and securely tied bundles will be accepted for yard waste collection. Plastic bags will no longer be collected after June 30, 2017.
*Please read the FAQ section below for more information about the changes.
Collection is made between 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on scheduled days. Yard Waste Collection begins May 15. See your collection calendar for dates. Yard waste can only be placed for collection on the same day as recycle pick-up.
Residents with rear lane recycle collection are asked to once again place their yard waste in the rear lane –1 metre from the recycle container.
Residents with front curbside recycle collection are asked to continue to place their yard waste on the front curbside –1 meter from the recycle container.
Additional Information :
- During peak periods, yard waste may take extra days to collect.
- Paper bags are available for sale at many local retailers
- Place the bags at your collection spot by 7:30 a.m. for collection.
- Yard Wastes include: leaves, branches, grass clippings
- Paper bags and bundles will be picked up until June 30. (Starting July 1, 2017 the program is switching to paper bags).
- Bags containing garbage will not be picked up.
- Absolutely no bags of dirt will be collected.
- No bag limit per household: (each bag can't weigh more than 25 kilograms), or branches tied in bundles less than 1m in length. Yard waste will be collected every two weeks.
- Yard Waste is accepted free of charge at the landfill.