The City of Prince Albert invites you to participate in The Meeting Place Photography Contest which celebrates our community as a gathering/meeting place and our diverse cultural make-up and identity.
The Cree name for Prince Albert is Kistahpinanihk which refers to “the meeting place”. It represents the strong multiculturalism present in the community.
FULL CONTEST RULES
This photography contest is open to anyone who is interested in photography whether it is your passion, your hobby or just an occasional pastime.
To be eligible photos:
- Must be an original photograph
- Must be an image taken in the City of Prince Albert
- Must include a title/caption that describes the location and activity
- Must include the names(s) of recognizable people and be accompanied by a signed consent form from the individual(s) in the photo (or the individual(s) guardian)
- Must not be previously published
- Must not be a photo that has been copied or reproduced from a third party source
- Must be submitted in digital format
- Must be high resolution. Low resolution photos may be disqualified.
- Cannot have watermarks, signatures or copyright notices added to them
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age. Parents/guardians may enter photos on behalf of their underage children.
Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to participate.
Entry Deadline: October 16, 2017
The City is looking for photos that celebrate the people of Prince Albert gathering together. Some examples may include:
- Families or children at the street fair, PA exhibition, Kidzfest, Pine Needle Bike Festival, Evergreen Artisan Market, Tapestrama, Urban Art Tour, Culture Days, National Aboriginal Day etc.
- People taking part in programs at the Arts Centre, Mann Art Gallery, Historical Museum, E.A. Rawlinson Centre for the Arts, John M. Cuelenaere Public Library, etc.
- Teenagers playing basketball at a local park
- Seniors, youth, friends, family walking along the rotary trail
- Runners at the Summit Run
- Participants at local sporting events such as volleyball, archery, football tournaments
- Rec teams using Kinsmen Park or other local park spaces
- Bikers or walkers using Little Red River Park
Preference will be given to photos with people but landscape images will be accepted and judged against the following criteria:
People (with corresponding consent forms)
Location (is there a local event, park or facility visible in the photo)
Quality and Clarity
A total of six prizes will be awarded.
First Prize - $500
Second and Third Prize - $250
Three Honourable Mentions - $100.
Throughout the contest the City will be partnering with local organizations to offer prizes for special events (for example, the Downtown Street Fair). Prizes will be awarded to qualified photos. Photos that win in these special categories, will still be eligible to be considered for the first, second and three honourable mention categories.
Special Event Prizes:
Street Fair - $250 and $100 Cash Prizes - Saturday June 17, 2017
Summit Run - $100 Prize - Saturday June 17, 2017
Culture Days - $75/event - Sept 29 - Oct 1, 2017
Photos can be submitted to email@example.com or by filling out the form below. If submitting by email, please confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions of the contest and that consent forms for recognizable people are signed and sent as well. Photos of consent forms are accepted.