1300 Block of Highway 55 East
Hours of Operation: 7am-11pm
Little Red River Park Riverbank Stabilization Project
Wander through 1200 acres of natural area while visiting Little Red River Park, a 5 minute drive from downtown on Highway 55 towards Candle Lake. Little Red River Park is Prince Albert’s largest park, and provides residents and visitors an opportunity to connect with the natural environment in the Pêhonân Parkway. Little Red River Park is open year-round and offers a variety of seasonal activities for the whole family. Visit the Upper and Lower Plains to view wildflowers in the spring or follow the 5-kilometre River Trail multi-use loop that takes you through all the ecosystems in the Park from Jack Pine forest, boreal plains, and the Spruce River riparian area. The Park is also a favourite for group and family outings, educational explorations, and weddings.
- The Cosmopolitan (Cosmo) Lodge, with a concession and a meeting room available for private events. For more information please visit the Cosmopolitan Lodge web page.
- Kinsmen Ski Centre and Old Log Cabin, a downhill ski and snowboard facility with 2 downhill runs, 2 rope tow lifts, and a terrain park. Ski and snowboard rentals are available as well as lessons for individuals or groups. The Old Log Cabin is available for rent all-year round. For more information please visit the Kinsmen Ski Centre web page.
- Cross country ski trails, which are considered to be some of the best and most extensive urban trails in North America. Trails include opportunities for both single-track and skate skiing. The trails are maintained by the Prince Albert Ski Club, and use of the groomed trails is free for members. Non-members can purchase daily passes and rent cross country skis at the Cosmo Lodge. The cross country ski trail system at Little Red River Park includes the River Trail, which provides a lit trail for evening use. For a ski trail map and more information please visit the Prince Albert Ski Club website.
- Walking, hiking, and mountain biking trails
- Snowshoe trails
- The Swinging Bridge, pedestrian suspension bridge that traverses over the Spruce River
- Unsupervised toboggan hill
- Playground equipment
- Picnic site and camp kitchens with barbecue pits available on a first-come first-serve basis. Firewood is provided free-of-charge for use within the designated barbecue pits in the Park.
Little Red River Park is also home to the annual Pine Needle Bike Festival.
Please note: Vehicles are restricted to designated areas within Little Red River Park such as roadways and parking areas, and unauthorized motor vehicles including snowmobiles, dirt bikes, and all other all-terrain vehicles are not permitted in the Park. Violators will be prosecuted in accordance with the Recreation Facilities and Parks Bylaw.
For information on how to book sports fields or park amenities please visit the Facility and Equipment Rentals web page.
Friends of Little Red River Park
The Friends of Little Red River Park has been created to provide input, advice, and recommendations to the Community Services Department and Pêhonân Parkway Board for Little Red River Park. It is also a venue for Little Red River Park user groups and stakeholders to communicate between themselves and the City. The Pêhonân Parkway Board has appointed voting members from organized and active user groups and stakeholders at the Park who applied to be a part of this group. If you or your organization would like to take part and are not currently represented in this group, please contact the City of Prince Albert Community Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (306)953-4800.
The next meeting for the Friends of Little Red River Park is:
Location: Cosmopolitan Lodge at Little Red River Park