1120 Central Avenue
Awarded to: Ron Adams
This building is the oldest business on Central Avenue. The first business in the building was listed in 1909 as 'Central Avenue Pharmacy, W. H. Rowe & Co. Prop.' and was advertised as 'Rowe's Drug Store.'
In 1913, the building was listed as vacant.
From 1914 until 1939, the building was the location of jeweler Fred W. Wright, whose name is still engraved in the cement of the doorstep.
From 1941 until 1947, Eilers Ltd. Jewelers occupied the building.
Since 1949, the Adams family has operated a book, stationery and business supply store from the building.