In the spring of 2008, The Saskatchewan Abilities Council and SGI introduced new regulations surrounding the use of parking permits for persons with disabilities
Please be advised that:
- Dashboard-style permits will no longer be recognized for parking in designated spaces
- All existing placard holders will have to re-qualify for a new permit.
Effective April 1, 2008, ONLY hanging-style permits are valid.
Vehicles in a parking spot designated for persons with disabilities without a VALID permit may be ticketed.
The fines for illegally parking in a handicapped parking spot are:
- $150 if paid within 10 days
- $300 if paid after 10 days
- $450 plus court action if paid after 30 days
For more information about the parking program for people with disabilities, including instructions on how to renew a permit, please visit the Saskatchewan Abilities Council website or contact the Provincial Services office in Saskatoon in one of the following ways: