The City of Prince Albert recognizes the many benefits a community receives in hosting major events and understands that considerable resources are required to make such events successful.
Funds are set aside annually through the City’s Major Event Grant to support large scale Art, Culture and Recreation events.
In order to be eligible:
- An applicant must be registered under the Saskatchewan Non-Profit Corporations Act; organizations or groups that exist primarily for political or sectarian purposes or for the purpose of providing funding to other groups are not eligible for assistance under this Policy.
- An applicant must not have received assistance for the same purposes under any other program or policy of the City.
- An applicant must be applying for a Provincial games or National event that has representation from the majority of regions of Canada or international events that have representation from a minimum of an additional country. For the purposes of this policy, major special events do not include conferences or trade exhibitions.
As well, only major special events that have an operation budget greater than $100,000 will be considered for funding.
For full criteria and the application procedure please see the Major Event Policy.
The following events have previously been approved under the policy:
- 2014 First Nation Winter Games
- 2014 Telus Cup Regional Hockey Championships
- 2014 Canadian Native Fastball Championships
- 2014 Saskatchewan Winter Games
- 2013 Peewee Western Fastball Championships
- 2013 First Nation Summer Games
- 2012 Centennial of Flight Air Show
- 100th Anniversary Celebrations for Cooke Municipal Golf Course and Canadian Men’s Amateur Golf Championships