Download the Portable Sign Permit Application.
Portable Sign means a sign which is capable of being moved from site to site. Please note that portable signs without a valid permit are subject to a $100.00 fine.
- A sign permit must be approved prior to the installation of any portable sign.
- A current City of Prince Albert business license is required prior to making an application for a sign permit.
- A sign permit is required for each sign on a property.
- A sign permit is required each time a sign is placed on a site.
- The entirety of a sign shall be placed on the property (not on sidewalks, boulevards, streets or right-of-ways).
- The maximum sign size is 4.1 meters2 (45 feet2).
- There must be a minimum distance of 20 meters between signs on the same site.
- Signs cannot be erected on a corner site within the "corner visible triangle" and must be a minimum of 3 meters from property lines.
- Third party advertising is not permitted in any zone, with the following exceptions:
- Non-profit signs may be permitted, subject to the information below.
- New businesses may apply to temporarily erect a sign at a location other than the place of business for a period of up to six months.
Portable signs for non-profit organizations or community events are subject to the following requirements:
- Non-profit or community event signs will be allowed on City-owned property or in commercial, industrial, park, institutional or institutional general zones.
- Written permission from the property owner must be obtained.
- The sign must be for community-based, non-profit events only. They cannot be used for the sale or promotion of goods or services for profit.
- A non-profit registry number will be required when making an application for a permit.
- Sponsors' logos may be displayed on a sign provided that City administration is supplied with the name of each company displayed as well as a letter from the organization confirming the sponsorships of each company. No other text may be supplied in relation to the sponsorship company.
By submitting an application, you agree to comply with all regulations outlined in City bylaws.
If a sign is in violation of one of these regulations, or if it is found to be in place without a permit, a ticket in the amount of $100 will be issued. In addition, a fine not exceeding $2,000 for an individual or a fine not exceeding $5,000 for a corporation may apply.
Enforcement details are outlined in section 31 of the Portable Signs Bylaw (number 22 of 2010).