Please note that the Building Division will conduct any inspection deemed necessary if circumstances during construction indicate a need.
Main Building Inspections
- Plan Review - prior to permit issuance
- Footing inspection - immediately before the footings are poured
- Backfill inspection - just before the basement walls are backfilled
- Radon inspection - prior to pouring slab
- Surveyor's Certificate - after the backfill and before sheathing is complete. The certificate is to be filed in the office of the Building Inspector.
- Framing inspection - before the insulation and vapour barrier
- Poly-Insulation - after vapour barrier and insulation have been installed but before the drywall or wall covering is applied
- Letter of Assurance (plumbing, electrical, mechanical) before final
- Final inspection - after all work is completed and before occupancy
Garage and Accessory Building Inspections
The following Minimum inspections are required:
- Pad or Grade beam inspection - immediately before any concrete is poured.
- Framing inspection - only required if the garage is to be boarded, in which case the inspection is required before boarding.
- Final inspection - once all work, including exterior finish, is complete
Commercial / Industrial Inspections - are done on a drop-in basis
- Plan review - sprinkler plans are to be supplied if a building requires them
- Final inspection - required prior to occupancy
Provide copies of change orders and plan revisions to the Building Division
Interim inspections may be requested at any time during construction.
If a project is under a professional architect or engineer's stamped drawing, a set of letters of assurance will be required to complete the final inspection.
If a building has more than one occupancy, a final inspection is required for each occupancy prior to use.
Request a Building Inspection
To request a building inspection, please do the following:
- Call the Building Division Inspection Line at (306) 953-4370 at least twenty-four hours before the inspection is required.
- Provide us with the following information:
- Contact name and telephone number
- Nature of inspection required.
Please note: Several inspections are carried out during construction and upon completion. It is the responsibility of the permit holder or the agent/contractor acting on behalf of the property owner to book appointments for the required inspections.
To book a fire inspection, please contact Prince Albert Fire and Emergency Services at 306.953.4200.