Phase 1 of the 2nd Avenue roadway and underground water utility replacement project will be starting at 8:00 am Tuesday May 22, 2018. The affected area includes the southbound lanes of 2nd Avenue West from 15th to 17th Street.
The following restrictions will be in place starting on Tuesday:
· 2nd Avenue will be one lane northbound and one lane southbound at all times
· There will be no side street cross traffic, only north and south on 2nd Avenue West.
· For northbound traffic on 2nd Avenue, there will be no left turns onto 15th Street
· Large vehicles, including RV’s and Trailers, will not be permitted to make the following turn movements:
o Westbound on 15th Street to Southbound on 2nd Avenue West
o Eastbound on 15th Street to Southbound on 2nd Avenue West
· The Traffic light timing will be modified to reduce congestion, please watch for changes.
The project is anticipated to take 6 weeks with the southbound lanes being open prior to the July long weekend. Please refer to the detour map for more information. Motorists are asked to review the detours and plan alternate routes where possible.
Phase 2 of the dig will occur after the July long weekend. Further announcement will be released when available.