Yard waste always accepted for free at the Prince Albert Landfill
The Yard Waste Collection Program will resume the week of May 14 in Areas 1 and 4 and the week of May 22 in Areas 2 and 3.
How do I know which area I am in?
The 2018 Automated Waste Collection Calendars, that were delivered door-to-door to residents, are colour coded to each area, as follows:
Area 1 – Yellow
Area 2 – Green
Area 3 – Blue
Area 4 – White
Residents can also find their area by viewing the information on the City’s website or by inputting their address on the map available on this page: http://citypa.ca/Residents/Garbage-Recycling-and-Yard-Waste-Pickup
A few reminders for residents about the yard waste program:
1. Yard waste must not be placed on the street until the Yard Waste Collection Program resumes.
2. Once the Program resumes, yard waste can be placed in paper bags.
3. Branches should be tied in bundles less than one metre in length and placed for collection on the same day as recycle collection. Please ensure bags or bundles are placed three feet from your regular recycling bin container.
4. Recycling and yard waste must be placed out for collection prior to 7:30 a.m. on the scheduled recycling collection day.
5. Yard waste is collected free of charge at the landfill.
In 2017 1.96 million kgs of yard waste was diverted from the landfill through the curbsite yard waste pick-up program. For more information about yard waste program, please visit http://citypa.ca/yardwaste.
For more information contact:
Phone: (306) 953-4900